Panificio Italiano is an independent bakery in Iver, Buckinghamshire owned by Sicilian businessman & artisan baker Piero Scacco. Piero’s knowledge of the baking industry spans back over six decades.
In 1964 Piero opened his first bakery shop in Tooting Bec. Soon after he was approached by several of the major retailers, which lead him to move his business to a bigger site in Wembley. After many years of success, he decided to sell the business to Northern Food; after a few years in semi-retirement, he took the plunge again.
Heathrow Bakery (T/a Adams Bakery) opened in 1991 & Artisan Bakery Montana in 1998.
Both businesses flourished as they supplied large retailers, such as M&S, Waitrose & Sainsbury’s as well as food services and major airlines.
Montana bakery site was sold in 2016 and Heathrow Bakery is now being rebranded to “Panificio Italiano”. The new site is a greenfield site opposite the old bakery in Iver.
The new factory is fully automated/state-of-the-art, boosts six production lines and includes a state of the art spiral freezer.
What We Are
We are an established state-of-the-art purpose-built automated bakery. The current investment is approximately £20million to date which includes six production lines offering extensive bespoke lines and over 45,000 sq. feet of production space. Panificio Italiano has the capability to produce approximately 280,000 products daily, which includes subs, paninis, ciabatta, rolls and brioche.
Panificio Italiano is a nut-free and sesame-free factory – the only allergens on site are gluten, milk and egg.
The bakery has a BRC AA Accreditation (March 2022), a large spiral freezer and is a leading artisan bakery supplier.
What We Do,
- Extensive range of artisan and unique bakery products – approximately 120 – 150 products.
- All products are bespoke and made to the customer’s own specifications.
- We offer ideas and concepts tailored to meet current trends and your customer needs.
- All products can be supplied in either ambient or frozen formats – the choice is yours.
- Large range of stonebaked products or fully baked products to choose from.
- Extensive range of packaging solutions – flow wrapped, pillow bagged, boxed or loose in baskets.
- Experienced on-site test bakery (NPD kitchen) staffed by experienced master bakers to help create your own unique recipe to your specifications.
- Custom made samples on request from our onsite test (NPD) kitchen/ bakery.
- NPD and factory visits available on request.
- Full traceability and dedicated technical team on site.
- Dedicated transport and logistics fleet.
Value, consistency, customer service, quality and of course taste – Baked to Perfection!
Quality products ranging from traditional recipes to new speciality breads. Individual breads developed to your own specifications, setting you apart from your competitors. Product development at the forefront of innovation, helping to satisfy the ever-changing demands of the market.
Fresh products made just for you, whatever your order, you can rest assured it will be made by our expert bakers to your exact requirements. Personalised service from our experienced staff/ sales team. Handcrafted goods slow developed for authentic flavour.
State-of-the-art provers and ovens that ensure consistent quality.
To produce the highest quality baked and artisan products in an environment that is safe and clean. We adhere to the highest business practices for the benefit of both our employees and customers.
The integrity of our company is based on the principles of impeccable service, quality products, happy customers and employees. We are also dedicated to upholding a strong commitment to innovation and development.
Service: To continue to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
Quality: To be renowned in the baking industry for our quality products and unique innovation.
Continuous Improvement: To continuously improve our performance and products as well as the service we provide to all our customers.
Commitment: To achieve strong, profitable and sustainable results.
Teamwork: To communicate openly and work as a unified team to attain common goals.
People: Development of self-motivated, multi-skilled staff, and to involve all employees in the continuous improvement of the Panificio Italiano business.